Not everyone follows the traditional path of education, some students veer off early, others travel from far away and enter in the middle as teens or as adults. Some individuals complete the path but need to retrace their steps or learn new ones. Rochester's Adult Literacy Program can be a new route to learning. Anyone 17 or older may chart a new and personalized educational path by entering an Adult Literacy class.
- I am new to the Rochester area and to the Adult Literacy program. How do I enroll in school?
- What times are classes offered?
- Can I bring my children with me to school?
- I was previously a student at Hawthorne. Can I come back to school?
- I am 16? Can I get my GED?
- English is not my first language. Can I study English at Hawthorne?
- How much does it cost to study English at Hawthorne?
- When do English Language classes take place?
- What will I learn in my English class at Hawthorne?
- Can I study at home, as well as in school?
Start by scheduling an appointment to register for classes by calling (507) 328-4440.
Please bring photo identification and proof of residency (green card, if you are not a citizen). At the appointment, you will take a test and be placed in a class based on the results of the test. Please allow time for the registration process and the test.