Early Childhood Family Education (PAIIR)
Distance Learning for Early Childhood Information
- All Early Childhood classes continue to run using a distance learning model. No classes are being held in person until May 4, 2020.
- ECFE/PAiiR classes are still available for registration.
- If you have questions about registration or would like to drop from your spring class, please contact the PAiiR Office at 328-4020. Please leave your name and phone number and we will return your call within 24 hours.
Early Childhood Family Education also known as PAIIR is a public school program for families with children ages birth to kindergarten enrollment. Both parents and children participate in PAIIR. The program recognizes that parents are a child’s first and most important teacher and offers high-quality parent and early education. The mission of PAIIR is to strengthen families with young children through education and support.
- PACT (Parent and Child Time): Class includes a parent and child interaction time, circle time with books, songs and activities all designed to enhance a child’s learning. Parents also get great ideas to take home to enjoy with the whole family.
- Parent Time: Parents participate in a discussion led by a licensed parent educator. The parent discussion focuses on research-based topics related to both child and parent learning, and also allows time to connect with other parents of young children.
- Children’s Time: While the parents are in the discussion, children are learning through play, activities, songs and literature designed to enhance development, creativity and imagination. A licensed early childhood teacher facilitates the children’s classroom experience.
- Who teaches ECFE/PAIIR classes?
- Who can take ECFE/PAIIR classes?
- Does my child have to be the age indicated in the class description?
- What if I do not live in the Rochester School District?
- What does Parent or Guardian participation consist of?
- Do I have to turn in Immunizations for my child?
- Can ECFE/PAIIR help me with transportation?
- What is the refund policy?
- What is First Draw?
- Does ECFE/PAIIR cancel classes due to bad weather?
- What if we are going to be absent from class?
- Is my child too sick to come to class?