Virtual Fair Timeline
The Rochester Regional Science and Engineering Fair for middle school and high school students will be an online experience this year, but the chance to win regional awards and be invited to attend the state and international competitions remains the same. The Minnesota State Science and Engineering Fair and the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair will also be offering online experiences during the spring of 2021.
September – October Begin research plan and design your project
October – November Scientific Review Committee review (if needed)
November – December Complete your project and analyze your data
January – February Finish registration and create your project display (or paper) and video
Scientific Review Committee
If you are using human or animal subjects or hazardous materials, you most likely need your project approved by the Scientific Review Committee. Complete the ISEF Rules Wizard to check. If you do need your project reviewed before you begin experimentation, register here. Virtual SRC reviews will happen from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on October 21, November 19, and December 10, 2020.
Registration and Judging Dates
- October 16, 2020: Zfairs accounts and Community Education registration open
- January 22, 2021: All ISEF paperwork must be uploaded into Zfairs, and individuals must be registered for the RRSEF through Community Education by this deadline date for review and approval
- February 10, 2021: All videos and supporting images must be uploaded into Zfairs for judging
- February 17, 2021: Virtual judging sessions will occur online through Zfairs from 6-7:30 PM
- February 18, 2021: Virtual paper judging and high school ISEF judging will occur online beginning at 6 PM