- How will I communicate with my child's advisor?
- Where will my student store their gear during the school day?
- When will the bus arrive at my child's school to head to Welch?
- Where will the bus pick my student up?
- What if I have students at multiple schools?
- When can I expect my child back at the school?
- Can I pick my child up from the hill?
- Can I drive my child/Can my child drive themselves?
- Will there be lessons?
- Where will we be in the chalet?
- Can my child bring food?
- When can we start using our night pass?
- Where will my child go if they are injured on the hill?
- Where will my child go if they are severely injured?
- When is Ski Club cancelled due to weather?
- Are scholarships available?
Middle School and High School Students will be picked up at their home school. Advisors will send out specific information regarding which door your child will need to meet the bus.
Elementary Students will all be meeting at one building for easier pickup. After registration closes, we will determine the pickup location and let families know. This will mean that if your home school is NOT the pickup location, you will be responsible for transferring your child and their equipment to the pickup location.
Please register your child based on your school, NOT on which bus location you would prefer.
Your child will leave the hill around 9:30 and will have about an hour drive or longer, depending on the final location. We try to have students send a text message when we reach Zumbrota, so please have your phones on you to stay up-to-date with arrival times. Please note: Students are returned to their schools. Parents are expected to be ready to pick students up so buses and staff may depart in a timely manner.
We will have a reserved space on the top floor, behind the bar and coat cubby area. However, it is important to note that, while there will be RPS signs on the tables, this area is NOT closed off entirely from others enjoying the chalet. Please leave all items that are not necessary to the evening in the bus. Neither Community Education nor Welch Village can be held responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Ski Patrol will take your child to their office on site to check for the extent of injuries. Please watch for an email containing paperwork for you to fill out and return to your advisor regarding past injuries, medications, etc. This paperwork will make it easier for Ski Patrol to help injured students.
We will try to make this determination as early as possible. Ski Club can be cancelled for reasons including, but not limited to:
- RPS Cancels due to inclement weather
- RPS releases early due to inclement weather
- RPS cancels after school activities due to inclement weather
- The temperature at 12pm Noon on the day of the trip is predicted to be at or below zero and the forecasted conditions are not expected to improve (This determination will be made the Thursday prior)
- The bus company indicates they cannot provide safe transportation to and from Welch Village Ski Area
- Welch Village Ski Area indicates that the skiing conditions are poor.
*Rochester CE will make every effort to announce cancellations with as much notice as possible.*
Yes. When looking at the registration page, please scroll to the option indicating "Scholarship." The family of Will Zollner, a Rochester student and Ski Club enthusiast who passed away in 2022, has provided a generous Will Be Free to Dream scholarship fund in his memory. Scholarships can total up to $235, to be put toward the cost of the bus fee. Scholarships will not include the lift pass or equipment rental from Welch Village. Application deadline is Saturday, November 27, 2022. A limited number of scholarships are available. Selected applicants will be notified by Rochester Community Education by December 1, 2022.