The Rochester Regional STEM Fair for middle school and high school students will include online and in-person components this year. At present, the Minnesota State Science and Engineering Fair and the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair will also be offering in-person experiences during the spring of 2022.
September – October Begin research plan and design your project
November – December Scientific Review Committee review (if needed)
November – January Complete your project and analyze your data
January – February Finish registration and create your project display (or paper) and video
Scientific Review Committee
High school students using human participants, vertebrate animals, or hazardous materials need their projects approved by the Scientific Review Committee (SRC). Complete the ISEF Rules Wizard to verify if your project requires a review. If you do need your project reviewed before you begin experimentation, register here. SRC reviews will happen from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 16 and Wednesday, December 15, 2021 via Zoom.
Middle School students whose project involves human participants, vertebrate animals, or hazardous materials, should check with their school's building coordinator if to see if they need to sign up to attend a Scientific Review Committee (SRC) meeting. Most, but not all, middle school projects can be approved by the building coordinator (as Form 1B, section 2 local fair signatory), unless she or he feels a project has complexity that requires a more formal review.
Registration and Judging Dates
- November 8, 2021: Zfairs accounts and Community Education registration opens.
- January 21, 2022: All ISEF paperwork must be uploaded into Zfairs, and individuals must be registered for the STEM Fair through Community Education for review and approval.
- February 9, 2022: All videos and supporting images must be uploaded into Zfairs for judging.
- February 12, 2022: Virtual project review opens for judges.
- February 15, 2022: In-person research paper judging night.
- February 18, 2022: In-person STEM Fair at the Regional Sports Center at RCTC.